The Italian National Institute for Environmental Protection and Research, ISPRA (Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale), has been established by Decree no. 112 of 25 June 2008, converted into Law no. 133 (with amendments) on 21 August 2008.
ISPRA performs, with the inherent financial resources, equipment and personnel, the duties of:
- ex-APAT, Italian Environment Protection and Technical Services Agency (article 38 of Legislative Decree no. 300, July 30, 1999, and subsequently amended);
- ex-INFS, National Institute for Wildlife (Law no. 157 of February 11, 1992, and subsequently amended);
- ex-ICRAM, Central Institute for Scientific and Technological Research applied to the Sea (Decree no. 496, article 1-bis, December 4, 1993, converted into Law no. 61, Article 1, January 21, 1994, with amendments).
The Institute acts under the vigilance and policy guidance of the Italian Ministry for the Environment and the Protection of Land and Sea (Ministero dell’Ambiente e della Tutela del Territorio e del Mare).
Decree No. 123 of May 21, 2010 was published on the Official Gazette No 179 of August 3, 2010. The Decree was issued by the Ministry of the Environment, Land and Sea and addresses the "Regulations containing rules governing the merging of APAT, INFS and ICRAM in a single institution, named Istituto Superiore per la Ricerca e la Protezione dell'Ambiente" (Ispra ), in accordance with article 28, paragraph 3, of Decree-Law of June 25, 2008, No. 112, ratified with amendments by Law 6 August 2008, No. 133.
- General Director:Stefano Laporta
- President: Bernardo De Bernardinis
- Board of directors
- Decree of appointment of ISPRA's Scientifc Council
- Disposition n. 02/P of 6 February 2010 - "validation of the election of the member fo the Scientific Council and proclamation of the winner”
Official notification for a unified management of ISPRA's activities and services
The boot process of ISPRA began with the activation of the unified management of the following services:
- Computer and Network (Ordine di servizio n. 19)
- Training activities and services on environmental issues (Ordine di servizio n. 24)
- Web portal (Ordine di servizio n. 25)
- Library (Ordine di servizio n. 26)
- Legal-legal activities (Ordine di servizio n. 27)
- Planning, monitoring, control and activation of ISPRA's structures activities (Ordine di servizio n. 29)
- Office of Public Relations (Ordine di servizio n. 30)
- Communication activities, webi nformation, publishing, events (Ordine di servizio n. 31)
- Uniform handling of administrative, economic, financial, accounting procedures and conventions reporting, Frame Agreements and Programme.(Ordine di servizio n. 32)
Commissarial provisions aimed at the unified management of ISPRA's activities and services
- Elimination of the following Services: Technical and Administrative coordination, Technical regulatory support, Relations with the Agency System.(Disposizione Commissariale N. 410/09)
- Interdepartmental Services
- Offices directly subjected to the Executive Director
- Offices directly subjected to the President